Ugljan is the largest place on the island with a long tourist tradition of over 60 years. It is located in the northwestern part of the island and its nine hamlets (Čeprljanda, Lučino Selo, Batalaža, Sušica, Gornje Selo, Muline, Guduće, Fortoština, Varoš) and several beautful bays (the bays of Ćinta, Suha, Mostir and Južna luka) make this destination very desirable among tourists.
Settlement and port, 10 km northwest of Preko; 1,278 inhabitants (2011 census). The economic basis is agriculture, viticulture, olive growing, fruit growing, fishing and tourism. It is located on a regional road that runs along the island. Smaller yachts can dock along the inside of the breakwater in Muline; the anchorage for larger ships is located southeast of the harbor. Monuments from early antiquity, Villa Rustica, late ancient mausoleum, the remains of an early Christian basilica and a monumental olive mill from the 1st century testify to the early stay of man in this area.
On the cape, which closes the cove of Mostir on the north side, there is an old Franciscan monastery from 1430 with a single-nave Gothic church from 1447. Interesting Romanesque capitals are built into the cloister. There are several summer houses of Zadar noble families in the place. Remains of a Roman villa were discovered along Batalaža Bay. Southeast of the village, on the hill Kuranj, are the remains of a prehistoric hillfort.
In addition to many beautiful sandy and rocky beaches, Ugljan also offers a rich gastronomic offer in several local taverns and restaurants.